Monday 2 April 2012

Skirt 2 Continue

I started to cut my patterns on my fabric centre front was on fold and center back was on fold as well same with the small skirt.




After that I started with my small skirt in the first I stitch the darts of the skirt and in the long skirt I close the darts in the pattern so I was not having any dart in the long skirt. As you can see in the picture.

 After stitching the darts I stitch the both Side Seams and on the right side I left 20cm gap for Hidden Zip cause I wanted to keep the one zip for small and long skirt .



I cut the Waist belt on the blue polyester viscose and attached the front long skirt with the starting point of darts of small skirt same on the other side and stitched the skirt as you see in the pictures.



And then I mark the 2cm with the help of fabric chalk and pin the hidden zip with both fabric and I change the machine foot as well then I stitch the zip with the polyester viscose (blue fabric) and hand stitch the zip with the small skirt and when I close the zip it was perfect.




and then I started to stitch the Hem line I was a bit difficult for me to handle the hem cause it was too big for me well first of all I mark 4cm on the hem line with the help of chalk and then I fold it by my hand and stitched it but it was not proper and I was not satisfied.



 then I tried to find out the ways for hem on net then I watch the  video and next day I stitched my hem line first I press it and then I stitched it and its really work.



Then my friend did modeling for me cause her size is 12 is as well and it was looking brilliant on her.






















Questions:
-Work as a garment?
 Yes, it is wearable and a beautiful evening wear.
-Is it Fashion? If so why , If not why not?
 It is a fashion and makes women look more elegance and stylish .
-What opening did I use?
 I used hidden zip on the right Side Seam  (S.S).
-What were the problems?
  I faced the problem on the hem line then I watched the video and came to know how to do it .
-What could I do to improve next time?
  For the next I will make more tough design so I can improve my pattern skills.
-What was the Fabric?
  I used 2 kind of fabrics 
1.Silk (check one)
2. polyester viscose
-How much Did I use?
 I use 3 meter.
-How much did it cost?
 Its cost me 2pounds 1 meter the brown check fabric and 8pounds polyester viscose 2 meter .
-Where was it sourced?
Fabric was sourced from 49A Green Lane,Town Centre,Ilford.



Reference:
Sewing Lesson: How to sew a Blind Hem - YouTube . [ONLINE] Available at:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8nudMY_QPY.

No comments:

Post a Comment