Tuesday 3 April 2012

Dress 2

In the second dress making I was searching some dress to get interesting idea then I found gathers technique so I decided to work on it and searched more dress which really inspire me and looked very attractive.





And I design my design and started to work on it. First of all I trace the basic dress block.

and after that I join the darts and make it smooth curve with the pattern master as you can see in the picture and if I didn't curve the dart then for sure I will get the point on the bust which looks really very weird.


Then I make the my pattern separate into 2 parts according to my design.

And I gave some seam allowances on the shoulder and arm whole which should be done in the end but by mistake I done it before then I realize. Well from the bust line I gave the slashes in the side front and gave the numbers on the slashes cause if I didn’t gave the numbers then I will mix up them and between the slashes I gave the line to them on the straight line on the new paper.


After that I cut them apart and make the new straight line on the paper and paste them on the new line.


And I gave the 1.5cm gap in every slash and join the paper line.

When I was done with my gathers part pattern I gave the 1 cm seam allowances on the pattern and make my center front on fold and on the hem line I gave 4cm seam allowance.
I cut my fabric on the fabric well for this dress I was having the dark green color stretchy fabric from my group which was 1 meter and I bought my black fabric for my gathers part cause I want to give stiff look of gathers so I used the taffeta fabric and having emboss print.This fabric for back as well.









   
First of all I stitched my darts on the back.
And I stitch one 5point to give big stitches for gathers on 0.5cm and 1cm and gather up.

After that I join my center front with my side panel the gathered one part and stitch it up and attach my back as well and in this dress I make my neck line very neatly even everyone admired it as well.




And it was looking so beautiful and grace full and I wanted to do something with the neck line to make it more interesting.

So I cut the taffeta fabric circle pieces and few of them on the stretchy fabric like this.

And after that I fold the circle three type and its give me the new beautiful shape and this one was my great experiment to work on . 





After that I ask my friend to do the modeling for me and she done it for me cause her dress size was also size 12 and she was looking perfect in  it and dress was looking so amazing.














Questions:
-Work as a garment?
 Yes, it is wearable and a really very beautiful evening wear.
-Is it Fashion? If so why , If not why not?
 It is a fashion cause its make a women look more pretty and give stylish look.
-What opening did I use?
 I used hidden zip on the left Side Seam  (S.S).
-What were the problems?
  I faced the one and only problem on the neck line but I handled it properly by folding it and with the help of iron as well.
-What could I do to improve next time?
  For the next I will make more tough design so I can improve my pattern skills.
-What was the Fabric?
  Green fabric was Polyester and Black was taffeta fabric.
-How much Did I use?
 I use 2 and half meter.
-How much did it cost?
 Its cost me 8pounds 50pence 2 meter .
-Where was it sourced?
Fabric was sourced from 50 Goldhawk Road, Shepherd's Bush London, W12 8DH


References:

A-0ne Handicrafts: Ladies Dresses | Ladies Tops | Ladies Skirts | Ladies Trousers | Ladies Kaftans | Ladies Kurtis. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.aonehandicrafts.com/products2.php?cid=1&mtr=Georgette.

1950s Emma Domb Draped Mocha Chiffon Halter Party Dress-50s Vntage Dresses. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.bluevelvetvintage.com/1950s-Emma-Domb-Draped-Mocha-Chiffon-Halter-Party-Dress.html.

Cocktail dresses | Cocktail gowns | Cocktail dress. 2012. Cocktail dresses | Cocktail gowns | Cocktail dress. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.weddingdressesno1.com/wholesale-evening-dresses-cocktail-dresses-c-6_20.html?g=n.

 2012. . [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/110819372/ONE_SHOULDER_GATHERED_DIAMONTE_COCKTAIL_DRESS.html.

Lipsy Chiffon Gathered Jewelled Dress | Designer Dresses. [ONLINE] Available at: http://designerdresses.me.uk/lipsy-chiffon-gathered-jewelled-dress/.

Dress Me Grey | Couture in the City. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.coutureinthecity.com/2010/03/10/dress-me-grey/.


4 comments:

  1. Latest Designer Gown | Party Wear Gown | Ladies Gown | Indo Western Gown - Ethnic Plus

    Gowns- Buy latest designer gown, Party Wear Gown, ladies gown, wedding gown, Bollywood designer gown from ethnicplus.in. Browse from variations of gowns like Indo western gown , Off-shoulder gown, Sleeves less gown, Floor Length gown, Ruffle Gown, Gown with Jacket & more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your writing that you told every aspect related ladies dresses. Thanks very much for such valuable information. I recommend for further updates..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice info, I am very thankful to you for sharing this important knowledge. This information is helpful for everyone. So please always share this kind of information Thanks. Wine Color

    ReplyDelete