Monday 9 April 2012

Dress 3

In the 3rd dress I wanted to make the Frock but I didn't know how to make the pattern of the frock then I tried to search some dresses.


























After that I tried to search the pattern of dresses but I couldn't get something so I tried to make the pattern by my own.First I trace the front basic bodice block.


And from the waist I extended 28cm and I keep the width of hem line 60cm .


I make my neck line 4cm away from the actual neck line of basic bodice block.


And after that I make my neck line width 6cm and make it smooth with the pattern master.


And after that in my hem line I mark a 10cm point on the side seam and on the right angle I joined it with the hem line and make it curve free hand after that I make it smooth with the pattern master. 

And then I wanted to add gathers on the neck line so I just give clashes on my neck line and cut the slashes.




I gave the 3cm gap in ever slash to give it more volume and make it smooth with pattern master.

After that I gave the seam allowance of 1cm and my neck line pattern was done.

And I keep the old one pattern as well if my stitching goes wrong so i got something with me to correct it .

And after completing my front I worked on back just trace the block and extended the length 28cm and on the hem line gave the width of 60 cm and on the side seam line I mark a point 10cm and join it with the hem line on right angle and smooth it with the pattern master.

After that I trace the pattern for sleeve cause before this dress I didn't tried so I trace the sleeve block and I wanted to make small sleeves so I divided my sleeve portion into some parts.



 I gave the numbers to the slashes otherwise it will b mixed up and really hard to organize them again and after  that I gave the gap of 1.5cm in each and make it smooth with the pattern master.

And give the seam allowance as well of 1 cm.

After that I started to cut the patterns on fabric.










First of all I stitched the darts of back.

After that I stitched the side seams.

And then I gathered my neck line and stitched it with the front.



After that I gave the gather on my sleeve and attached it with the arm whole and I was thinking it must be very difficult part but was very easy to handle.


when I was done with the sleeve and dress I fold the hem line which was having 3cm seam allowance.


Then I made a bow take a rectangular piece of fabric and fold it and stitch it and then fold it to hide the all stitches and pass a thread from between in it and pull it and it gave me the look of bow .





And then I made the waist belt I measure the waist from the meniquin and made the belt and stitched the bow with it and place the hooks and lops to close the belt.



I place the dress on the menniquin and was looking good and after that I put some stars on it with the thread.








 And I asked my friend to do the modeling for my dress and she did so and dress was looking alight at least I tried to do so rather then leaning things without doing the experiment.


Questions
Questions:
-Work as a garment?
 Yes, it is wearable and a really very beautiful casual wear.
-Is it Fashion? If so why , If not why not?
 It is a fashion cause its make a women look more pretty .
-What opening did I use?
 I didn't use any opening cause the dress having so volume so no need of any opening..
-What were the problems?
  I faced the one and only problem on the neck line but I handled it properly by folding it and with the help of iron as well.
-What could I do to improve next time?
  For the next I will make more tough design so I can improve my pattern skills.
-What was the Fabric?
  Stretch Cotton fabric.
-How much Did I use?
 I use 2 meter.
-How much did it cost?
 Its cost me 8pounds, 2 meter  .
-Where was it sourced?
Fabric was sourced from 50 Goldhawk Road, Shepherd's Bush London, W12 8DH


REFERENCES


Floral Print Dresses Fashion Trends Summer 2008 - Flower Fabrics. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.fashion-era.com/trends_2008/summer-floral-print-dresses-frock.htm. 

Look for Less: Philip Lim Rosette Dress - The Budget Babe. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.thebudgetbabe.com/archives/652-Look-for-Less-Philip-Lim-Rosette-Dress.html#.T4Ng-Zmmi-U.

Garments, Children Dresses, Designer Frocks, Ladies Designer Tops, Ladies Jackets. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.indiamart.com/iiioverseas/garments.html. 

RAMBRIKSH REDIMED STORE MAU . [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.rambriksh.ewebsite.com/photos/vikesh/kids_frock_dress.-.html. 

Burford Designs: clothing. [ONLINE] Available at: http://melissaburford.typepad.com/burford_designs/clothing/. 

Couture Carrie. [ONLINE] Available at: http://couturecarrie.blogspot.co.uk/. 

Baby Frocks - Kids Frocks, Kids Red Frock, Fancy Kids Frock and Trendy Kids Frocks Supplier & Manufacturer. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.weavetexfashion.com/baby-frocks.html.

Stella Black Goldfoil Dress. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.outblush.com/women/fashion/dresses-skirts/stella-black-goldfoil-dress/.

Shopknowlabel Dresses (shopknowlabel.com). [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.thisnext.com/store/03FAC851/Shopknowlabel/dresses.




1 comment: