Monday 9 April 2012

Skirt 3

I search for some skirts but this time I want to do the experiment with the frills cause I haven't done before in any dress so I wanted to do the experiment and I searched some pictures and videos for the frill.






then started to work on my design first of all I trace the pattern of the basic skirt block and then from the hip line i divided the skirt into the 5 portions .

2nd portion was 7cm, 3rd portion was 6cm, 4th portion 6cm, 5th portion 4cm and 6 portion was around 3 cm cause I wanted to add the fills into the skirt into the portions. So I cut the portions and added the seam allowances of 1 cm around the portions and CF was on fold as you can see in the pictures.



After that I made the frills pattern. The 2nd portion frill width was 5cm,  3 and 4 frill width was 4cm ,5th  and 6th portion frill width was 2cm and the length of all frills was 60 cm as you can see in the picture and added the seam allowances.



After that I started to do the basic skirt back block pattern. First I trace it and then I combine the 2 darts into the one I calculate the amount of darts and added into the one by taking the middle points of the both darts.



After that I started to place the patterns on the fabric and then I cut the patterns.

And then I stitched the front skirt dart and back skirt dart.



After that I pass the threads for gathers and into the thin organza and started to attach the frills with the first portion and the length of the portions was too much so I make them 45cm and I watched a video for some help.







And then I stitched all the portions like this one but I face one problem Icouldn't handled the fabric cause the fabric was too slippy and its really hard to handle it cause when I started to stitch it the threads of the fabric was pulling and loosing the shape of its own fabric as well really cheap stuff.







And then I added hidden zip on the left side of the skirt and it was just perfect and then I cut the waist belt and extended the waist belt 50cm from one side and 20 cm from another side and attached it with the skirt.




And I asked my friend to do the modeling for me cause her size is 12 as well and its was perfect on her.




As you can see the zip was looking so perfect and nicely hidden.

Questions:
-Work as a garment?

 Yes, it is wearable and a really very beautiful casual wear and party wear as well.

-Is it Fashion? If so why , If not why not?

 It is a fashion cause its make a women look more pretty and give stylish look.

-What opening did I use?

 I used hidden zip on the left Side Seam  (S.S).
-What were the problems?
 I faced the alot of problem on the frill area cause the fabric was too slippy and when i stitch its pulls the thread of the fabric soI tried my best to handled it.
-What could I do to improve next time?
  For the next time I will make more interesting design so I can improve my pattern skills as well as I learned to buy nice and fine fabric cause fabric cost as well but time is more important.

-What was the Fabric?

  The check fabric was polyester viscose and  thin silk chiffon.

-How much Did I use?

 I use 2 and half meter.

-How much did it cost?

 4pounds

-Where was it sourced?
 shepherds bush


References.

Latest Fashion trends and news at All The Clothes » Price reductions at BooHoo . [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.alltheclothes.co.uk/Fashion-News/price-reductions/price-reductions-at-boohoo-24/.

Statement frill dress at karenmillen.com. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.karenmillen.com/Statement-frill-dress/Dresses/karenmillen/fcp-product/903000055258.

H&M H&M Shop Online Pink Ruffle Skirt - - - Avenue7 - Express your fashion . [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.avenue7.com/Product/H-M/H-M-H-M-Shop-Online-Pink-Ruffle-Skirt----/2f733a1e-e668-45ce-a8a9-6e5e5875e9d9.

 multi frill skirt - cheap offers, reviews & compare prices. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/compare-prices/multi-frill-skirt.

Tiered Ruffle Skirt - Omiru: Style for All. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.omiru.com/index.php/2008/05/21/tiered-ruffle-skirt/.

Summer Sales | Girls Wishlist. [ONLINE] Available at: http://girlswishlist.co.uk/sale-shopping/.

How to sew gathers. How to make frills.ギャザーの寄せ方 - YouTube . [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJWYNjc7oTM.





No comments:

Post a Comment