Sunday 8 April 2012

Trouser 2

When I was going to make the trouser I wanted to make the jodhpur trouser so I search some pictures and pattern cause I didnt know how to make the pattern.I got only one picture from where I get the idea of jodhpur trouser pattern and after that I started to worked on.








And from these 2 pictures I got the idea of pattern.


 First of all I trace the basic block pattern.




I didn't close the dart of front side from the hem line I reduce 8cm both sides and from the hem line I make straight line on 14cm on both sides back n front as well and then I draw big curve doted line on the side seam of front and from the knee line I started to give the smooth curve and join that curve with the 12cm line as you can see in the picture as well.



Cause in the jodhpur trouser we need to give big amount of volume on the hip area so I gave it and after that I smooth the all lines with the pattern master. After doing this I trace my back basic trouser block and I shift my back trouser dart and opened it on the side seam cause I am givig the volume on the hip area so we don’t need any dart that why I open my back dart on side seam and from the front block I trace the side seams and trace that line on the back and got the new curved line and I make the 12 cm point on the back as well and join them together then trace as you can see.





Then I extended from the back 2.5cm for gathers and gave the seam allowances on hem line 4 cm, on waist line 1 cm seam allowance and side seam as well for front same as well and gave the seam allowances on the gap of 12 and 10cm on side seams.







After that I cut the pattern and place the patterns on the fabric and trace the darts with the help of fabric chalk and after that I pin the darts and I stitched them as you can see in the picture.





After that I pin the front part with the back and stitch them and gather them up from the hem line.



And my seam allowances were on the exect place as you can see.



And after that I gave the gathers and stitch them from the hem line.


And then I started to stitch the side seam but I didn't stitch from the right side and leave the space around 20cm and stitched the crotch line as well.







I gave the opening on the right side and attach the hidden zip but got the little problem but after that I handled it.







But I detach the zip and attached it again from the right side where its having the gap in it.I make the waist belt and extended from the both side 50 cm and attached it with the waist line.





And I fold the waist bet cause the width size was 4cm on pattern and I press it to fold it and then I stitched from the sides and stitched it with the waist line.








Then I attach the belt with the waist with the pins and stitched it.



After it I fold the hem line very neatly.

When I was done I request my friend to the modeling for me.













  


Questions:
-Work as a garment?
 Yes, it is wearable and a really very beautiful casual wear and party wear as well.
-Is it Fashion? If so why , If not why not?
 It is a fashion cause its make a women look more pretty and give stylish look.
-What opening did I use?
 I used hidden zip on the right Side Seam  (S.S).
-What were the problems?
 I faced the one and only problem on the hidden zip area I got the gap in it after that I opened it again and stitched it.
-What could I do to improve next time?
  For the next I will make more experimental design so I can improve my pattern skills.
-What was the Fabric?
  
-How much Did I use?
 I use 2 and half meter.
-How much did it cost?

-Where was it sourced?








Reference:




Paper-Doll.com - Drop Your Trousers - Your Independent Fashion and Style Source. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.paper-doll.com/blog/31/0/Drop_Your_Trousers.html.


Costume Reference Library. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.501st.com/crl/SL_CRL/SL104_Tyrannus_ROTS/index104.php. 


Black Jodhpur pant Orp3026 189 Pixie Market Fashion Super Market - Stylehive. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.stylehive.com/bookmark/black-jodhpur-pant-orp3026-189-pixie-market-fashionsupermarket-381024. 


SELECTION OF... Jodhpur trouser - Polyvore. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.polyvore.com/selection_jodhpur_trouser/thing?id=44006830. 


Breeches, Baggy Pants,Custom Jodhpurs,Jodhpur Pants,Horse riding breeches. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.monarch-garments.com/cat_breeches.asp.


 Brown By Ashlene: March 2012. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.brownbyashlene.com/2012_03_01_archive.html.


Women dresses - Women Wear - Women Pants - Women Kurtas - Online Shopping India - Seventymm.com. [ONLINE] Available at: http://shop.seventymm.com/Category/Buy-Apparel-By-Product-Type-Dresses/1794/Browse.


Fashaholic: New Definition to Ms.Smarty Pants. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.thefashaholic.com/2011/08/new-definition-to-mssmarty-pants.html. [Accessed 09 April 2012].


Fashaholic: New Definition to Ms.Smarty Pants. [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.thefashaholic.com/2011/08/new-definition-to-mssmarty-pants.html. 


Biker Scout Costume Build: Imperial Officer Pants Pattern. [ONLINE] Available at: http://izzy-bikerscout.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/imperial-officer-pants-pattern.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment