Wednesday 25 April 2012

My Final Dress

I selected my old one design from my previous work and I remake it.
First of all I trace the basic bodice block and after that I join the darts and make it smooth curve with the pattern master as you can see in the picture and if I didn't curve the dart then for sure I will get the point on the bust which looks really very weird.


Then I make the my pattern separate into 2 parts according to my design.And I gave some seam allowances on the shoulder and arm whole which should be done in the end but by mistake I done it before then I realize. Well from the bust line I gave the slashes in the side front and gave the numbers on the slashes cause if I didn’t gave the numbers then I will mix up them and between the slashes I gave the line to them on the straight line on the new paper.





After that I cut them apart and make the new straight line on the paper and paste them on the new line.And I gave the 1.5cm gap in every slash and join the paper line.When I was done with my gathers part pattern I gave the 1 cm seam allowances on the pattern and make my center front on fold and on the hem line I gave 4cm seam allowance.

That is the all old procedure which I have done before.Well I choose the new fabric and very interesting fabric which was having layers into the fabric which makes the fabric fabulous and color was navy blue and other fabric which I used was crushed crepe fabric and the blue one was jersey fabric.

After that I place the patterns on the fabric as you can see here.It was the side panel was cut by 2 was on fold obviously cause it will b on the side front.


And after that I cut the back bodice block on the fabric and trace the darts on the fabric.


Then I pass the threads for the gathers on the side panels.
And then I stitched the darts on the back. 




I stitch the darts then I gather the fabric and stitched them together which was having the seam allowance of 1 cm.

Then I stitch the invisible zip on the left as side.For the invisible zip I attach the invisible zip foot and attach the zip and when I attach the zip there was a problem came on arm whole side there a 3cm difference came as you can see as well.



Then I reattach the zip with and this time the invisible zip was so invisible I was amazed like I was shocked too much invisible infect I stretch the fabric still couldn't see the fabric.









But you can see a bit difference was here in the gathers so I ripped and re-stitched it now become perfect according to me.





Just finishing touch is left I will do tomorrow 4cm will be fold on hem line and 1 cm on neck and arm whole.


And then my friend did the modeling for me. As you can see here.







Questions:
-Work as a garment?
 Yes, it is wearable and a really very beautiful evening wear and party wear as well.
-Is it Fashion? If so why , If not why not?
 It is a fashion cause its make a women look more pretty and give stylish look.
-What opening did I use?
 I used invisible zip on the left Side Seam  (S.S).
-What were the problems?
  I faced the one and only problem on the invisible zip when I stitched the gap came almost 3 cm then I stitched it again and then it became perfect.
-What could I do to improve next time?
  For the next I will make more new designs so I can improve my pattern skills.
-What was the Fabric?
  Pink fabric was crushed crepe fabric and the blue one was jersey fabric.
-How much Did I use?
 I use 1 meter blue jersey and half meter crepe fabric.
-How much did it cost?
 Its cost me 5pounds.
-Where was it sourced?
Fabric was sourced from Ilford.







No comments:

Post a Comment