Sunday 26 February 2012

Dress Making

I started to make my dress with the dress block size 12. First I trace out the dress block

  then from the hip line I keep the length 10cm cause I wanted to make out a small length dress.According to my design I was done with the pattern after that I added seam allowances on the neck line, arm whole and hem line 1 cm and side seam 2cm.Given the balance mark (notches) as well.I decided as well I will give opening on the side seam.

When I was done with my pattern cutting.I keep the pattern on my fabric and I cut the fabric according to the pattern after that I pin the darts with the fabric pins as you can see here.

 And I stitched my darts on front and back as well that was not tough was really easy to handle the darts.


For stitching the darts I take the help from the video like how to stitch the darts cause I don't want to see any point or problem on the bust.So I take the help from the video here is that video and that was really very useful for me and really helped me out. 



I captured the picture of my stuff as well for stitching. 












No comments:

Post a Comment