Tuesday 6 March 2012

Dress Making continue

After that I started my sweing machine and stitched the darts and there was not point on the darts and stitched them successfully and I learned this thing as well when I was stitching the fabric just remember to remove the pins otherwise your bobbin case and thread will stuck in the machine.

After stitching the darts I pins the shoulder line almost 1 cm according to the pattern.As you can see in the picture as well. 








After pining the Shoulder line I stitched the shoulder line and seams where not pressed to give the neat look to the dress I opened the seams and Its really help you out to understand the procedure of stitching as well.



After that I wanted to attach the hidden zip in the first skirt I wanted to stitch the hidden zip but I didn't know how to stitch then I tried my best to stitch it neatly and rest of the neatness I gave by the hand sewing.So in this dress I wanted to stitch the invisible zip so I download the video and learned it how to stitch the invisible zip for invisible zip you need the invisible zip foot.I mark the 2 cm on the side seam and sitched the side seams of the back and front but I didnt stitch the side seam around 18cm from the shoulder of right side.


After stitching the zip I close the zip and got really great result and it was invisible zip I was so amazed to achieve this step cause I was feeling it will be very tough but was really easy to attach And I cut off the threads cause if the threads came into the zip then zip will be broken so invisible zip is very delicate as well. 

After stitching the dress.I applied the fabric art into my dress well this technique I absorbed at Pure London Olympia,I really liked it but couldn't take the picture at exhibition cause they don't allow and then I tried it into my dress.

First I cut the square of the fabric by the hand as you can see in the picture and then I fold the half square its gave me look of triangle then I fold it again and its become like small triangle and to hold it from the pointed area from the top I stitch the fold to not be open.




I stitched many of them and then I place them near by the shoulder and neck line to give the impressive look and the idea was looking very amazing and beautiful on it  and was very easy as well.





 When I was done with this technique and stitching.I asked my friend to wear the dress and when wear it I was so surprised there was no dart points or an problem in darts and invisible zip was neatly done and the small fabric pieces were looking amazing as well.I was so happy by the out come of the dress and I really learned so much which I didn't know how to handle or how to make.










Questions:
Work as a garment?
Yes, it is wearable and it can be a day wear or evening wear or casual wear as well .
-Is it Fashion? If so why , If not why not?
 It is a fashion dress with a really very beautiful technique and will give you very elegance look.
-What Opening Did I use?
 I used hidden zip on Right Side seam (SS).
-What were the problems?
  I faced not that much problems in this dress but I was a bit tough to handle the invisible zip but was handled nicely by the help of video. 
-What could I do to improve next time?
  For the next I will try to research on videos for more idea and techniques cause it is a really useful way to try and apply the techniques.
-What was the Fabric?
 
-How much Did I use?
 I use 1.5m fabric. 
-How much did it cost?
 Its cost me 6.70 1.5m
-Where was it sourced?

No comments:

Post a Comment