Monday 13 February 2012

FABRIC RESEARCH

In the next week on 3rd Feb 2012 our group went for fabric research we meet infront of TOPSHOP near the Oxford street station at 10am .After that we visited many many fabric shops like .....Fancy Fabrics shop,Biddle Sawyer Silk, Misan Fabric, The Silk Society, Broadwick Silks, Cloth House, The Berwick Street etc but Its was really very hard to take the pictures in the fabric shops they wont let you take.So I got some pictures of fabric stores.























After visiting these shops I came to know about many fabrics and about pure fabrics and mixed ones as well and realize it as well to study about the fibers is a different thing but to feel them in your hands is a separate thing. I collect the Fabric Swatches as well here is the pictures of my swatches. 



























and after that we bought the fabric from the Fancy Fabrics Shop and in my group I got 1 meter fabric as I needed to make a skirt and was about 6 pounds per meter and when I got the fabric very next day I started to work on my skirt pattern with the help of basic block of skirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment